New Course Map
Start Date: February 10th 2018
Start Time: 7:30am
Distance: 50k, 31ish miles
Cost: $55 until August 1st, $65 August 1st until Feb 1st @ 11:59pm.
Cutoff: The final cutoff time for this event is 8 hours (3:30pm). Runners will be expected to carry the slowest pace possible throughout the entire course. If a runner falls significantly behind pace, The Algonquin Crew reserves the right to pull a runner from the race at anytime and anywhere on the course.
The Course will be a modified out and back, the middle portion will be different going up and returning. This course is 95% trails. Some of the trails are single track and some are wider horse trails. It is completely flat, which should make for a relatively fast 50k. There are a few miles that are sandy and some points there might be water covering the trail. The race will begin and end at Milburn Landing area of The Pocomoke River State Park.
There will be well-stocked aid stations every five to six miles with water, electrolyte drink, soda, boiled potatoes, something sweet and something salty.
Be prepared for cold, rain, snow, mud and possible frozen conditions. There will be a few road crossings, be aware. Most crossings will have volunteers and the traffic is minimal to nonexistent in the area during February. Horses will follow the last runners to ensure a safe return to the finish line.
There is no rain date. We will run in the rain, snow, and sleet.
Only a “force majeure” which makes EMS, Aid stations and support staff unable to function will be cause for cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, no refunds or credits will be applied to future events.
Handmade local Ceramic Mugs will be given to all the finishers….That means you have to cross the finish before the 8 hours are up. Don’t say you weren’t warned…
Awards for the top 3 men and top 3 women… And I mean big trophies!
The Algonquin 50k is a community-based, eco-friendly, volunteer supported, non-profit event whose mission is to promote Delmarva Trails. We worked closely with Maryland Parks and Maryland Forest to provide a safe, fun, exciting race.
- NO bib transfers or bandits
- Bib numbers should be visible at all times
- NO littering. Pack in, pack out.
- Runners should stay on the established course
- Runners who drop out should turn in their bib to the first ALQ crew member
- NO pacers, but runners may have friends and/or family run with them from the end of the Algonquin trail to the finish line
- No deferrals
- Refunds: Entry refund until 60 days before the event (12 DEC 2017) is $30. No refunds after DEC 12th.
- No dogs for runners (sorry but there are horses on the trail)
- No early or late starts
- Runners’ crews may meet and assist runners only at aid stations.